QUICK GUIDE ON FACIAL HAIR
Your tired of dealing with facial hair, you need to find a more permanent solution, check out our guide to find out if laser is the right option for you. It’s is fuss free, honest and to the point, don’t waste any more time, check it out now
FACIAL LASER HAIR REMOVAL
SEE HOW THIS AMAZING TREATMENT CAN BENEFIT YOU
NO MORE WAXING
Never having to put up with the in-between waxing stage again
PAY PER SESSION
NO BIG UPFRONT PAYMENTS
We don’t ask you to pay in advance for 6 sessions, we operate a pay as you go system so you can start immediately. Prices for the face start from €40 for any 2 small areas or €60 for full face. You also save 10% on your sessions with our loyalty discount programme
TAKE YOUR FIRST STEP
Fill in the form below
• We are friendly, professional and honest
• We explain how laser works
• We give you realistic expectations
• We confirm your hair is suitable
• We perform a patch test the laser on your skin
• There is no pay on the day pressure
Read Our Reviews On:
Facial Hair Removal
Facial Hair Removal
Is laser really the ultimate solution to all excess facial hair and does it really work? First we need to understand what causes excess facial hair to grow and also the different factors that can affect how you respond to laser treatment on the face.
Why Do I Have Excess Facial Hair?
Although it is very hard to diagnose exactly what cause’s facial hair to grow the following factors can contribute to you developing it. Below is a short list of some of the underlying factors that can cause excess facial hair growth.
- If facial hair runs in your family chances are you may genetically inherit it. That doesn’t mean you have to live with it, it is treatable.
- All women produce the male hormone testosterone, although in much smaller amounts than men. It just doesn’t depend on the amount of this hormone in a women’s body that causes her to develop facial hair it also depends on her hair follicles’ androgen sensitivity, insulin sensitivity and the balance of testosterone and other hormones like estrogen and progesterone in her body.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- This is a condition where the ovaries produce lots of follicles each month without producing an egg. Sometimes women with this condition will also have an insulin resistance issue so are more likely to develop facial hair. Although we are unable to cure this condition a certain amount of dietary changes can help control insulin levels and decrease the amount of hair that is produced. Women with PCOS will typically need more maintenance sessions throughout the year because of the fluctuations in hormone levels in their bodies.
- Women who are pre-menopausal or menopausal are prone to an increase in the growth of hair because of the hormonal changes that are going on within the body. If there is a disruption in the balance between estrogen, testosterone and progesterone this will cause hair to grow.
- Insulin Resistance
- This can be a factor that contributes to excess hair and can be a result of having a poor diet over a number of years. Insulin is one of the body’s most important hormones, it is used by the body to control blood sugar levels, if you have become insulin resistant the body is unable to process sugars properly and breakdown food in the right way. This has a major impact on hormone levels within the body and the natural balance is disturbed causing hair to grow.
- Contraceptive Pill
- Women who come off the pill and experience weight gain may develop facial hair, again this is due to the fluctuations in hormone levels.
- Is a condition where your thyroid gland is not working properly and is not producing enough of the essential hormones that the body needs for it to function properly. This condition could cause hair to grow on the face because the body’s natural hormone balance is disturbed.
- Adrenal gland problems
- The adrenal gland produces substances like adrenaline and cortisone these hormones are used to balance the bodies electrolytes, if the body’s natural balance is disturbed fluctuations can cause facial hair to grow.
Laser Hair Removal For Facial Hair
Medical Grade Lasers are scientifically calibrated and FDA approved for the treatment of facial hair. Unlike many other forms of hair removal such as waxing, plucking etc laser delivers fast and effective results from the very first session.
So long as the hair you would like to be treated has some level of pigment in it (it is NOT blonde or Grey) it should respond well to treatment with laser.
In many cases for facial laser hair removal where there is an underlying medical or hormonal issue laser needs to be maintained 3 – 4 times a year but for many the results are life changing and restore self confidence and deal with the problem from the very first session.
At Urbana we offer a full assessment and consultation service free of charge so you can find out more about your suitability for treatment and what your expected results should be like. Our prices start from just €40 per session and all of our consultations are free of charge.
Please call our clinic on 016351616 to request more information on Laser for Facial Hair Removal or you can contact our friendly staff online by clicking here