What To Do After Laser Hair Removal
After a session of laser hair removal (particularly on sensitive areas) it is normal to feel a sensation of warmth in the area, slightly similar to that of a very mild sunburn. The skin may also appear red in colour and the area around the follicle itself may become raised, these normal side effects usually disappear 24-48hrs after each session. You will notice that these side effects are more obvious after the first few sessions when hair in the area is thick and coarse. Over the course of your treatments hair will begin to thin out and become finer which will cause these side effects to become less noticeable after each session of laser.
24-48 hrs DIRECTLY AFTER your session
- Wear loose cotton clothing
- Avoid touching the skin in the treatment area
- Apply 100% Aloe Vera ONLY to your treatment area
- Avoid the gym, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool
- When showering/bathing keep water tepid/lukewarm
- Avoid doing all forms of physical exercise
- Apply mineral makeup only after all facial laser hair removal treatments
- Apply SPF50+ to all treatment areas that are exposed to UV light, cover areas where possible
What to do in the WEEKS IN BETWEEN your sessions
- Exfoliate the skin in the treatment area 4-5 days after treatment. Dead or dry skin can sometimes cause slight redness after treatment so keeping your skin in tip top condition when having laser will get the best results.
- When hair begins to regrow in between sessions, shaving and using hair removal creams are the only forms of hair removal that are allowed during your course of treatments
- Avoid exposing your treatment area to sun or sunbeds throughout your course of treatment
- Apply SFP 50+ sunscreen at all times if your treatment areas are exposed to UV light
- Stop applying fake tan to your treatment areas 7 days before your next session
- Inform us if you begin taking any medications throughout your course
- Return for your next session within the time frame recommended by your laser therapist
What you do after your laser session is just as important as the preparation before. It is vital that you follow all after care advice as this will prevent any adverse reactions from your laser hair removal treatments.
If you have any further questions regarding laser hair removal, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our dedicated team of hair removal specialists are on hand to answer any of your questions.